Guy B. Woodward

Guy B. Woodward began collecting artifacts in the 1940’s.  After retiring from the police department, Woodward worked with the Ramona Pioneer Historical Society to open a modest local history museum in the Ramona Town Hall. The museum was named in Woodward's honor by the Ramona Pioneer Historical Society's Board of Directors.

 

In 1985, the museum moved to the historic 

Verlaque house. This 1886 adobe was donated to the historical society by the Ransom family. Woodward and the historical society worked tirelessly to save many historic buildings and move them to the museum site. This includes the first town jail, the Barnett Barn, and the Warnock Buildings.  

 

The museum was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 1991.

GuyBWoodward.JPG